Thursday 11 July 2013

Sinfully Summer (Aimee Duffy) - Book Review

Well slap my sunburn and pour me another! 





A nice afternoon read in the sunshine, which will have your inner monologue saying 'he is a sexy she should jump him', 'What a B******D', 'Why is she letting him get away with that', 'She needs to go out with her mates and pull that will teach him',.... 'Oh shag already!' etc.

They drive each other crazy and the sexual tension is present throughout. The POV is switched so you can tell what he is thinking and why he is so guarded. He is a sexy, angst ridden Spaniard who has to be rich to afford the cemetery he hides all his skeletons in. You want him to have his heart broken just so he can learn some manners. He rides rough shot over the female protagonist all the time. She is hen pecked by him which drove me insane as I wanted her to grow some woman balls and beat him over the head with them. Yes every now and then she bitched at him but it was more showing her claws than tearing him a new one. I wanted blood and she was just pinching!

He is so cocksure of himself that I wanted him to 'want and need' her so badly that it made his crotch twitch even at the mention of her name!I then wanted her to say 'No, you treated me like poo and that will not do'... enter stage right a new man to make him realise he is a king sized dick and would have to crawl back to her on all fours with a pair of Jimmy Choos hanging from his drooling chops before she would even give him the time of day.

When there is sex (yup there are rude bits), you think 'Gah awkward', 'No don't let him near your hoo har', 'he doesn't deserve to play down there!'... effectively you want him put on rations and for her to make him beg! The sex gets better and you think 'Awww how cute'. I liked that the author writes it from both POV's so I can pretend I have a willy!

All in all a good afternoon read that makes you long for a holiday, some make up sex and a party on a boat... all washed down with a couple of cocktails and a boogie to 'She wore an inchy wincy teeny winnie yellow polka dot bikini'.



So why not 5*... I don't get why it was called 'Sinfully summer' as there wasn't any real 'Sin' in it. I assume it is because 'Ric the dick' would never be approved by the publisher. I also got confused with the dialogue lay out and sometimes we had moved onto another day or a couple of days ahead and I had to check back to see where the switch happened. Nothing too annoying but it did set me back a little as a reader. 

No comments:

Post a Comment