Thursday 6 February 2014

THE FIRST CHRISTMAS WITHOUT YOU - MICHELLE BETHAM - BOOK REVIEW 5*



Any book that can have you worried for the protagonist in the first chapter, heartbroken for them in the second and hopeful in the third, has my vote!

I got interrupted several times reading this and as it is a very emotional read I contemplated whether I should risk getting arrested for assault, just so I could finish reading it in peace.

It keeps you interested, as you want to confirm your suspicions but it also allows you to suspend disbelief in some instances and pine for those who are no longer with us.

I am usually far more interested in the dialogue than the destination but reading this at Christmas time made me feel more festive than my belly full of turkey. The author captured the magic and beauty of Lapland. It was like a tour guide. I would have liked more interaction between the two love interests rather than a tour but I felt it was more about her emotional journey than the relationship. Plus it is a novella so short and sweet, just like Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment