Friday 7 February 2014

SANTA WORE LEATHERS - VONNIE DAVIS - BOOK REVIEW 5*



Sexy, feisty, witty and Christmassy
I love the authors ease with words. She tells the story with care, enthusiasm and more wit than you could shake a stick at. Just my type of book. She is on my favourites list. 

I was laughing my duck off in the first few pages and several chapters in I lost count of the scrotum references, whether it be the dogs bits or the hotties. All of which made me laugh. 

It's a story with a broken heart which needs to be mended, trust issues from previous shitty relationships and a 'don't judge a book by it's cover' love interest. The heart is owned by a firey, sulky, red headed protagonist who fights off the advances of her new sexy neighbour, only to have her legs knocked bandy with one 'blue steel' look. One minute she is say 'Ah, ah' and the 'Ooo aaaa'. The fact he is a fireman and knows how to handle her firey temperament as well as get her hot under the collar doesn't go a miss. 

I was a bit peeved at his waffling on throughout the naughty bits, it was like a radio presenter or sports commentators. I would yell 'Just F*** me already!' or pull my blindfold off and gag him with it.

Their relationship challenged misconceptions on who we chose to date or not, based on what the person does for a living. I for instance would never consider dating an accountant no matter how good he was with his digits (ahem). I can't save enough money to next pay day and often store it in my bra. I am an accountants worst nightmare. I have visions of them asking for a receipt after sex... not that I charge but you get my meaning... preconceived ideals. 

This book reminds us that love is a tricky, addictive and euphoric. The broken hearted avoid like the plague only to fall hard and fast just when they thought they were safe. Most of us end up with the exact opposite of what we think we are looking for and all have to surrender our hearts, as that is the price of love. Even if yours is battered and bruised, it can bounce back like Rocky and knock a guy for six.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You're welcome :) I have another review ready for when her Scottish Shifter one is published. Loved it.

      Delete